The girl working the drive-up window recognizes you and your large Cherry Coke with extra ice (oh Sonic ice, how I love thee).
And for a minute you are embarrassed, but then she hands you Heaven in a styrofoam cup and all you feel is pure bliss. Suddenly dignity doesn't matter that much as long as you've got this kind of liquid joy coursing through your veins.
Yes, life is good between the hours of 2-4pm. Life is good!








7 comments:
When I worked the drive thru at Hardee's there was a guy that would come on his lunch break and order a "Bacon Cheese Burger Combo meal with a Cocacola Classic." He always said the exact same thing. It has been 17 years and I still remember it. It's the regular customers that make the job fun.
That's funny! At least Sonic is good food:) That's a lot better than the guy from the drive-thru at Arby's recognizing you:)
Emily
I love Sonic! I used to go there all the time when I worked for Peterson. No one there spoke English, so we would always send Yohanna. All the male employees were IN LOVE with her. They'd always give her free coupons to get her to come back......see, it's not so bad that the employee only recognizes you and your order....could be much worse!
You are hilarous!!! We have a Sonic right on our street...it's insanely hard not to hop over there everyday!
yep i completely am with you!
Did you know you can BUY their ice? Do it...it will be the best day of your life.
Katie...
I hear ya on the Sonic ice! While I was on leave I went there twice a day, luckily we have two Sonics by me. Now that I am back at Delta, we have the same ice here....how are you? Kiara is getting so big and so cute!!
Post a Comment