Thursday, March 19, 2009

Auntie Audjee and Mowrie

I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends, Audrey come and visit us last week and bring her little sister, Malorie along. I have missed them so much since I've been out of UT and it was just good for my soul to have them around for 5 days and stay in my home. Kiara really bonded with her "Auntie Audjee" and "Mowrie" and has asked for them several times each day since they left.
We spent a day in San Francisco and had a blast. We rode the original trolley and cable cars, went to Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square and walked around the city. It was a perfect day!
We also went to Six Flags and had a great time.

Kiara loves going there and riding all the rides. We have yet to find a ride that scares her.



She loves any kid of mascot or character and was very excited to see a bunch of them walking around right when we got there. This is Bugs Bunny (he actually does have a head, just not when I'm taking the picture!)
Kiara is starting to show a real interest in dolphins, which makes me very happy! I have always loved dolphins and been fascinated with anything to do with them. We had to bribe her to get her away from their tank. She loved them!
One of the most exciting parts of our day was our celebrity sighting. We saw Jocko, the walrus from "50 First Dates." He is huge!
It was also nice to have Audj & Mal with us to be able to sit with Kiara while Ben & I went on some "big kid" rides, although I'm pretty sure Kiara would have enjoyed them more than me. I'm such a wimp!
It has been a long time since I laughed as much as I did the 5 days that Audj & Mal were here and it felt good! I am so grateful to have friends like them that make my life so much better and make me happy. Thanks for coming guys, we miss you already!

6 comments:

Laura said...

She is brave! Are you sure you didn't bribe her to look at the dolphins?

ShaunaJorgenson said...

I'm so jealous! When I lived In CA we went to Magic Mountain all the time! I haven't been there in like 8 years! Maybe this summer when I go to Cali in July! I could never picture Kyah going on some of those rides....Kiara is a brave little thing!

Asay Family said...

We wanna come see you ans the family and go see a bunch of cool things. :)
It isounds like you guys had a great time. Iam loving it now that Tre' is understanding more things and is able o do a lot of things. I love this stage so much that I don't ever want to work again. AHHHHH!
Katie you look great. Love ya, Jene'

Audrey said...

I love you Katie. It was definitely a vacation to remember. I loved every minute!

Allison said...

I wish I could have gone to San Francisco and six flags! Maybe in May.

Unknown said...

Look at these fun times, I want me some!