Kiara loves to sit in her crib and sing and play for a while before she falls asleep. Quite often we put her down at 8:30 and she will still be up when we check on her at 10:30 or 11:00. Even on days when she skips her nap and is dead tired, she is still wide awake in her crib for a long time. Most of the time she just talks to herself softly or sings a quiet little song. Last night was a different story, however. We went to check on her at 10:30 and heard this:
(The screen is black because I was just holding the camera up next to her door to capture the sound.)
The last few weeks have been pretty rough on us but it has made me even more grateful (didn't know that was possible!) to have this little girl in our lives. She always makes us smile at the perfect time (case in point: this video!) and gives us hope that "this too shall pass." Even in moments where she is trying my patience or exhibiting signs of her 2-year-old age, I am grateful that I am the one who is dealing with it and I am reminded of what a miracle that is. There is nothing else I want to spend my time and energy on then raising my little beauty queen to be the best person she can be.







3 comments:
I can't believe she stays up so late. That is awesome that she will just entertain herself. Thank goodness for cribs, right.
That's funny...I love it when they sing! :P
Boy is she cute!!
Post a Comment