Friday, March 6, 2009

The happiest place on Earth!

We were able to go down to Disneyland last week with my oldest brother and his family and my parents. It was a jam packed 4 days (3 of those at Disneyland) and we were all pretty much exhausted by the end, but it was the most fun we've had in a long time.
We went there when we first moved out of Utah but Kiara was only 14 months old. It was so much fun to see her recognize all of the characters and themes this time and overall she was pretty good and loved it. She waited in line a lot better than I thought she would and she didn't get scared of any ride. The hardest part was there was so much stimulation and things she wanted to see. She was none too happy with us when we didn't let her run off to explore!
I think Kiara's favorite area was Toon Town. That is actually where she first started walking on her own when we went last time and she loved it even more this time around.
Kiara also loved having her cousins around 24-7. It was so great to be able to experience this with them. I don't think Whitney stopped smiling the whole time we were there!
We've decided to make it a tradition to take a picture outside of Snow White's castle every time we go. Here is the 2007 version:
And present day:
I think the only thing that hasn't changed since then is that Bunny-Bear is still permanently attached to Kiara.
We were so excited to have Grandma & Papa with us on this trip. Kiara really can't get enough of either of them. Thanks for making the sacrifice to come with us, it really meant a lot.
We were also thrilled to have Ben with us for 4 straight days. The closer we get to April the less we see of him so this was great to have some family time.
One of the greatest things about Disneyland is you throw all of your normal rules out the window and get away with stuff you normally can't. For instance, stealing Dad's ice cream cone for which he just stood in line for 20 minutes. It's a good thing she's cute!

Until next time Walt...thanks for the great time!

4 comments:

Allison said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you were able to get away!

Heather Ashby said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for coming with us. I don't think we could have done it without the help.

I don't remember Snow White's castle - where was that?

Vanessa said...

I wish we could have met you guys there. I love Disneyland..it's the BEST!!!! I'm pretty sure I've brainwashed my kids to love it too! hahahaha!

Tanya said...

Looks like fun...I'm jealous!!