Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tagged by Rachel!

20 years ago.....
1-I was just starting Kindergarten. Yikes!
2-I was racing a friend to the bus stop when I tripped on my backpack strap and rolled down the hill. My lack of coordination was never more apparent than that day and I still have the scar to prove it!
3-Tiffany Ham & I were inseparable--kinda cool that we still are except for the states that physically separate us!
4-I wanted to be anywhere my big brothers were. I drove them crazy!
5-I can't remember anything else from when I was 5

10 years ago.....
1-I was a sophomore at Cottonwood High School.
2-My first nephew, Stockton, was born and I was ecstatic to finally be an aunt!
3-The next day I had my first kiss and was SO nervous!
4-I couldn't wait to start driver's ed and get my license.
5-I finally got rid of my bangs!

5 years ago....
1-I was newly engaged and the happiest I had ever been!
2-I was working as a Special Ed aide and going to school at UVSC.
3-Ben & I drove to AZ for my cousin's wedding and my car died 45 minutes into the trip home. We were stuck there for 4 extra days and ended up buying a new car to drive home. Hindsight: not the best decisions we've ever made but we learned a lot from them!
4-My 2nd niece, Cassidy, was born while we were stuck in AZ and I was so mad I missed it. I've had to work hard at spoiling her since then so she knows I'm her favorite.
5-I got married!

3 years ago....
1-We had just moved back to Utah after a [long] summer internship in Montana and I was very happy to be back.
2-Ben was done with school and working for the Grizzlies.
3-I was working for Countrywide Home Loans just wanting to be a mom.
4-We got our life-changing, totally incorrect and callous, yet life-saving diagnosis about our infertility. Best thing that could have ever happened to us to get us onto adoption in time for Kiara. Thank you you cold hearted Nurse Practitioner. We owe you so much!
5-We lived in a small one bedroom apartment but it had a washer & dryer included so we were in Heaven!

1 year ago...
1-We found out we were expecting a miracle baby and were over the moon.
2-We lost our miracle at 9 weeks.
3-We made the scariest decision of my life to move from UT to CA and I was sure I wouldn't be able to handle it. Look at me now--one year later and couldn't be happier here (except if we were in UT!).
4-We took Kiara to Disneyland for the first time and she started walking there. We also saw the Red Sox beat the Angels in the ALDS and then the following month Ben got to go to Colorado to see them win Game 3 of the World Series against the Rockies. Talk about cloud 9!
5-My friend, Ashley, suggested I make a "blog." What the heck is that? Doesn't really sound like something I'd be interested in but thanks anyway, Ash!

This Year....
1-We moved again, although not as far.
2-We have all changed more than I ever thought possible.
3-We have made 2 trips to Utah and will make 3 more before the year is over.
4-We started the adoption process again and strapped ourselves in for a roller coaster ride.
5-We have been to San Francisco 3 times and love it more every time.

Yesterday...
1-I went to Target and showed great self discipline by only buying 3 items, all of which were things I needed and planned on getting. (How you ask? By not grabbing a cart and having milk as one of the 3 items. Only way to do it!)
2-Kiara & I took a walk in the nice cooler weather.
3-I blogged and blogged and blogged. What great therapy!
4-Some great friends stopped by and helped pass the time until Ben got home from his game.
5-I watched the second part of the One Tree Hill season premiere and got way too into it. So many surprises!

Today...
1-I am putting off doing laundry.
2-I booked our airfare for our October UT visit to help with my new niece/nephew as well as our November UT visit for Thanksgiving.
3-I got some killer deals at Children's Place for Kiara's fall wardrobe. Thanks Auntie Gina!
4-I am craving Cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Too bad Happy Hour is over.
5-Ben has another game so a couple of friends are coming over to make some VT handouts.

Tomorrow....
1-Ben doesn't have a game so we will get to have dinner together. It will be short lived though because we each have meetings at 7:00.
2-I should do laundry.
3-I HAVE to get an oil change--been putting this one off for several hundred miles now!
4-I will catch up on my Tivo-ed "Ace Of Cakes" episodes.
5-I will not go to Sonic Happy Hour for a Cherry Dr. Pepper. I cannot. It won't happen!

Next Year....
1-We will hopefully have another child.
2-We will hopefully have a raise/promotion. (Don't we always want that?)
3-I will hopefully be one step closer to finishing my degree.
4-We will probably need to replace Ben's car.
5-I will be amazed that it has been a whole year since writing this!


I tag Allison, Kristen & Michelle--give it a try, I promise it's more fun than you'd think!
(By the way, technically you only need to give 4 answers but given my OCD need to have everything in increments of 5, I had no choice.)

2 comments:

Asay Family said...

You are an amazing person just for the record. I love that you are as into this blogging world as I am. I just wish that as much as I blogged on here that it would somehow transfer to Tre''s scrapbook so that I could kill two birds with one stone.
Anyway, when are you coming to Utah again? If there is time we would love to have you, Ben and Kiara to our home for dinner. What do you think?
I am sure that time is not the easiest thing to come by when you are home for a visit but let me know.
Hope that all is well and you are continually in our prayers in hopes that you recieve another wonderful addition to the Carr clan. :)

Janie said...

Thanks for the Ikea fun today!