Monday, September 8, 2008

Kiara's new do

I find myself bored doing the same old thing with Kiara's hair every day so I try and experiment every once in a while. This is dangerous for a few different reasons. Mainly because if you touch the hair too much it can get frizzy and then there's no recovering until the next wash (I can only wash it once a week or it will dry out like crazy) but even more importantly, if I go one minute too long and she runs out of patience, it's all over.
I have tried a couple of different styles, including braiding because I have had several African-American moms suggest this to me, but nothing ever looks good. Well last week Kiara was especially cooperative, as was her hair, and we stumbled upon a fun new style. It's one "Rosemary ponytail" as my mom used to call it when she fixed my hair like that (I think the lady who taught her how to do it was named Rosemary) on the top, basically just a pony flipped through the center, and then two regular pony tails in the back. It's really simple, stays in very well overnight and seems to retain moisture great too, which is a huge perk. Plus I don't think it looks half bad!

I love seeing all her different shades of brown come out. Her hair has lightened so much since she was born it's crazy. I love my little beauty queen!




2 comments:

Asay Family said...

Oh Kiara!!!! She is such a doll. I cannot get over her cute faces that are all over this blog. I love those faces. They always bring a smile to my face.
I cannot believe that you have been married for 5 years now. You go girl! Hope that all is well.

Laura said...

I love the new do. She always looks so cute and the expression in the top picture is priceless.