Monday, September 8, 2008

Simply grateful

I don't want to get too sappy or serious but I just have been overcome with gratitude the last few days for these two faces:
I am so lucky to have a husband that works as hard as Ben does and never complains. He has such a strong work ethic and will stop at nothing to provide a great life for Kiara and me. He is so righteous and is a great strength to me without making me feel inadequate. I remember when we were dating and my SIL asked me how I knew I loved him, I said that he made me want to be a better person to be worthy of him but at the same time made me feel like I was perfect the way I was. 5 years later I feel that love even stronger and am so grateful.
The amazing thing is now I feel the same way about Kiara. Every day I am in awe of her. She is such a special child and I know she has a real purpose in this life. I cannot get over how quickly she learns new things and how aware she is of her surroundings, even of other people's feelings. I was sick all of last week (hence the blogging drought) and several times each day she would get right next to my face and say "Mommy you ok?" and then give me a kiss. Each time she did it I felt a little bit better. It was the best medicine I've ever had!
There are always things that go wrong in life or could go better but I'm humbled at the tender mercies our Lord shows us on a regular basis and the reminders He sends that we are never alone. There are a few people I hold most dear in my life are suffering excruciatingly right now and I am so sorry. Please know I would do anything to take your pain away if I could. I know Ben and Kiara and I will likely hit some speed bumps in the road ahead, especially on our adoption road, but I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that our Heavenly Father will never leave us and that He can get us through anything. This means everything to me.
Well so much for not getting too sappy or serious. Oh well, you can't fight what you're feeling. Here's to a great Monday night and let's hope that Ben's team starts losing so they can get eliminated from the playoffs and the season will end soon!
(I know, wife of the year right here. Can you say supportive?)

2 comments:

Allison said...

You are becoming such a softy in your old age! It is so nice to always read such positive things from you. Ben and Kiara are lucky to have you. Wow, we are becoming a couple of old ladies!

Audrey said...

Katie I really appreciated that post. I'm sitting here in tears. By the way, guess who met a guy.....