Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cassidy!

Cassidy is my oldest brother's second girl and my second niece and she turns 5 today! When she was born Ben & I were engaged and in Arizona for my cousin's wedding. We were supposed to be back a few days before she was born but our car broke down 45 minutes into our drive home and we ended up being stuck there for 4-5 days while we tried to figure out what we were going to do (weird how 5 years later we are playing the same game with our current car! Turns out it never gets easier to deal with car trouble!). I remember getting the phone call that Cass had been born and all of the frustration and anger that I had been holding in that week came out with a vengeance! I was so upset at the thought of not seeing Cassidy until she was a few days old but it turns out babies don't even notice who's who and she still likes me anyway! This first picture is of Cassidy at 2 months old at our wedding. My SIL, Heather (her mom) made all of my bridesmaid skirts and used the leftover fabric to make cute little dresses for Cass & her older sister Whitney. They were so adorable!


Cassidy has the sweetest smile that can immediately melt your heart and she has learned how to use it to her advantage! She knows how to flash those puppy dog eyes at me and I will do whatever she wants! Cassidy is very smart and very helpful. She always wants to help Kiara with "big girl" stuff and even loves to carry her everywhere (although Kiara doesn't always love it)!
Cass-Cass also has a very goofy side which I love and she is always good for a laugh. She has the best one-liners and I love listening to her tell stories. They are always so off the wall and creative. I love Cassidy because she thinks her Kiki (that's me) is so silly and laughs at everything I say. I love to make her laugh though because it's so infectious and makes me laugh just listening to it.
I can't resist putting this video back up for Cassie's birthday and bragging about how cute she is!
I love you Cass and am so proud to be your aunt! Have a great birthday!
Love, Kiki

2 comments:

Laura said...

Cassidy is so adorable and funny! Great post!

Heather Ashby said...

Thanks for this post. I can't believe how grown up she is now! You are a great aunt. Thanks for loving my kids so much.