Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's official!

We are finally approved to adopt through LDS Family Services! It took almost 6 months and a lot of patience but we are so grateful for this blessing. We know our Heavenly Father has placed us on this path of adoption and has been preparing our hearts since before we were even a family and we are so glad He did! We know what a truly inspired process adoption is and feel honored to be able to participate.

Now comes the roller coaster of waiting to be matched with a birthmom and preparing ourselves for our next family member. If anyone happens to hear of a situation where someone is considering adoption we would greatly appreciate you keeping us in mind. We will be keeping a separate adoption blog for potential birthparents to look at and our LDSFS online profile should be up and running by the end of the week. We appreciate every one of you for your love and support in our lives, something that makes this process a lot easier.

In honor of Kiara's upcoming birthday and thinking about her adoption story I thought I'd add this picture of our angel at only 2 days old. That week was such a whirlwind at times but yet I can still feel all of those same emotions and excitement that I felt when we first got the call that a baby had been born and her birthmom was wanting to meet us. 36 hours later we took that baby home and not a minute has gone by since then that I haven't been so incredibly grateful that we were chosen to be her parents and guide her through this life. She has taught me so much and inspired me to be the best person I can be to one day become worthy of her.

I know our road to become parents wasn't near as long as many other's and my heart breaks for those of you who are still waiting for this blessing or are wanting to add more blessings to your family but I have seen first hand that our Father in Heaven and His son are so mindful of us and our children and will bless us all for our faithfulness. They want us to become eternal families even more than we do and they will provide a way if we stay obedient and follow their promptings. I am sorry to be so preachy, I am just overcome with emotion and gratitude right now and I don't know another way to express what I'm feeling. Anyway, thanks again and please keep us in your thoughts and feel free to contact me with any questions.

2 comments:

Just the 7 of us said...

Katie I am so excited for you. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Heather Ashby said...

Congratulations! We are very excited to get a new neice or nephew. You will be in our prayers. We love you guys!