...soon anyway, after we move [again], go to Utah [again], and finish baseball season [again].
In the mean time I am going to take a break from packing to catch up on a couple of blog posts I've been meaning to do for almost a month.
Kiara's birthday was on July 31 but we had her party a few days before on a Monday night. We did it this way last year so that whole families could attend and it worked great so we went for it again this year. Last year we BBQ'd at a park but decided to take advantage of our own backyard this time around. It was a lot easier to not have to pack everything up and haul it somewhere else plus it meant we got to decorate a little more.
In the mean time I am going to take a break from packing to catch up on a couple of blog posts I've been meaning to do for almost a month.
Kiara's birthday was on July 31 but we had her party a few days before on a Monday night. We did it this way last year so that whole families could attend and it worked great so we went for it again this year. Last year we BBQ'd at a park but decided to take advantage of our own backyard this time around. It was a lot easier to not have to pack everything up and haul it somewhere else plus it meant we got to decorate a little more.

Luckily my parents were in town for Kiara's birthday and they came through like always.
My dad is an incredible artist and can throw things together like nobody's business. In a matter of minutes he made these 3 banners:



I love celebrating birthdays and making a big deal out of them so back in May I started asking Kiara what kind of birthday party she wanted. She immediately submitted her request for a "princess baseball party" and that is what she got!
I love baking and I would love to take a cake decorating class but my natural skills without any training are pretty pathetic. In fact even with training I'm guessing I would still be lucky to spread frosting evenly! That's why I planned to do cupcakes (again, worked great last year so we decided to repeat). I got some cute little princess tabs to put in some and was planning on decorating the others like baseballs. At the last minute I decided to do one big cake and decorate it like a baseball. Apparently in that same minute I forgot that I cannot decorate cakes and I should stop trying to pretend that I can! My hand is too shaky and I just don't have the eye that you need to pull it off. Plus, it was around 100 degrees at 6:oo at night (not joking, it was the hottest day of the summer) and so the red frosting was bleeding in to the white, causing one funky looking baseball. Luckily my mom was around to save the day and salvaged it as best anyone could. The end result was good enough for my 3 year old to recognize that it was a baseball, so I guess that's all the matters!


Kiara had a great time at her party and loved having all of her friends around but my favorite part was seeing her reaction when her BFF, Splash showed up. Splash is a local mascot and Kiara loves him! Ben, being the awesome dad that he is, pulled some strings and arranged for a cameo appearance during Kiara's party. She was thrilled and so were all of the other kids. It was definitely the highlight of the night.
My dad is an incredible artist and can throw things together like nobody's business. In a matter of minutes he made these 3 banners:



I love celebrating birthdays and making a big deal out of them so back in May I started asking Kiara what kind of birthday party she wanted. She immediately submitted her request for a "princess baseball party" and that is what she got!
I love baking and I would love to take a cake decorating class but my natural skills without any training are pretty pathetic. In fact even with training I'm guessing I would still be lucky to spread frosting evenly! That's why I planned to do cupcakes (again, worked great last year so we decided to repeat). I got some cute little princess tabs to put in some and was planning on decorating the others like baseballs. At the last minute I decided to do one big cake and decorate it like a baseball. Apparently in that same minute I forgot that I cannot decorate cakes and I should stop trying to pretend that I can! My hand is too shaky and I just don't have the eye that you need to pull it off. Plus, it was around 100 degrees at 6:oo at night (not joking, it was the hottest day of the summer) and so the red frosting was bleeding in to the white, causing one funky looking baseball. Luckily my mom was around to save the day and salvaged it as best anyone could. The end result was good enough for my 3 year old to recognize that it was a baseball, so I guess that's all the matters!


Kiara had a great time at her party and loved having all of her friends around but my favorite part was seeing her reaction when her BFF, Splash showed up. Splash is a local mascot and Kiara loves him! Ben, being the awesome dad that he is, pulled some strings and arranged for a cameo appearance during Kiara's party. She was thrilled and so were all of the other kids. It was definitely the highlight of the night.









4 comments:
Katie...you are like the cutest mom EVER!
I agree with the comment above! I love the Princess Theme and decors! Kiara is such a lucky girl.
Looks like fun. Caitlyn and Jonah are sad they missed Splash!
I didn't know your dad made the signs. They looked very professional to me. I had fun. Well I guess I always have fun at any princess party.
Post a Comment