Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Granite State: Nubble Point Lighthouse

My mom has always loved and collected lighthouses and she passed that love on to me. I remember when we got married and went to NH on our honeymoon I found out that not only could you be at the beach within 10-15 minutes but you could easily go see a lighthouse in person and I was amazed (such a sheltered life I lived growing up in desert Utah)!

Every trip since then has included a visit to York, Maine (Ben's parents only live 10 minutes from the NH/ME border) to see Nubble Point Lighthouse. Nubble Point is a really famous lighthouse that is in a lot of paintings and lighthouse books. It has really become one of my favorite places in the world and Ben promised me that one day we'll have a summer home there. I could sit on those rocks staring at the water all day. It is the definition of peace and tranquility and I always have a hard time leaving.
I love that I didn't pose her for any of these shots. She is such a natural ham!
I hope my kids will always realize that they have the best dad in the world. We all hit the jackpot with him!
So if you're ever in New England you should definitely take a trip to Maine and see this awesome landmark. I mentioned in my last post that Fenway is Ben's version of paradise and Nubble Point is definitely mine!

No comments: