Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Granite State: I Like My Sox Red

We never make a trip to NH during April-October without going to at least one Red Sox game in Fenway. Most of our trip this year fell during the All-Star break so we only had a couple of home games to choose from and unfortunately the only one that had 10 seats left together was on Thursday, a few hours after we landed in Manchester. So after 8+ hours of traveling, we picked up our rental car and made our way in to Boston. Our good luck from the flight continued as we made it all the way in to downtown with no traffic! I don't think I've ever been to Boston when there hasn't been traffic so I was very pleasantly surprised. We made it to Fenway with enough time to do some souvenir shopping in the Yawkey Way store and just soak in the awesome energy that is Fenway Park.
We also had great timing meeting up with Ben's dad and some of his siblings.
I loved seeing the 3 generations of Carr men soaking up their version of paradise!
I was really worried about how the kids would do sitting through a 4+ hour baseball game after waking up at 4:30 in the morning and traveling all day but once again they amazed me at how good and flexible they were. I think maybe they got some of Ben's DNA after all because they both really love baseball. Boston is seriously OBSESSED with any kind of ball and whenever he sees one he yells out "Bouuuulllll" until he's holding one.
Like father like son :)
Could my girl get any cuter?
She loved having Aunt Libby there to color with her and listen to her endless stories. I kind of liked having her around too!
Ben is a very even-keeled guy and usually he doesn't show a lot of emotion but baseball and his beloved Red Sox will bring out that big grin any day! I love it!
It was a great night and a perfect way to start our week of adventures!


No comments: