Friday, January 16, 2009

American Idol here we come!

Kiara has always loved music and dancing, and now that she can talk she loves singing. The first video is of her singing "I am a Child of God."

The next video is "Families Can Be Together Forever." Both songs are sung quite often in our church and they're what we sing each week in our Family Home Evening. When Ben was 10 his little brother passed away. Since then, some of the original lyrics to this song have bothered his mom and so she came up with an alternate phrase. I always liked them better but especially since our miscarriage, they take on new meaning. The official version is, "I have a family here on earth, they are so good to me." Our family's version is, "I have a family of great worth, they are so good to me." That is what she's singing at the beginning of the video.

There is a French hymn that Ben likes me to play on the piano but since I don't speak French and the tune always gets stuck in my head, I always "sing" "do, do, do." Kiara has caught on and "sings" it that way too, and that is what she's doing at the end of the video.

6 comments:

Allison said...

That is so adorable. I can't believe how grown up she is. We just got your Christmas card today, I guess you weren't lying!

Michelle said...

I can't get over how stinkin' cute she is! She actually reminds me alot of my little sister when she was little. (We adopted her as a newborn and she is half black and half white and had the same cute hair)

Heather Ashby said...

My girls have watched this several times. They sing along with her. We miss you guys. Sorry about the pictures on my blog. It is all a big guilt trip to get you guys to move back. ;)

Laura said...

She is a natural. Macy and I just watched it like 7 times. I love it.

Laura said...

Correction. We have now watched both videos 250 times and counting.

Unknown said...

I would be texting my votes non stop for this one!