Monday, December 8, 2008

The sweetest sound...

I have been getting headaches almost daily lately, and tonight was no different. It came on suddenly and seemed to get more intense by the minute. I went from playing Christmas songs on the piano to burying my head in the couch in a matter of seconds. The light from my music lamp was overwhelming and every noise I heard sent a piercing pain through my head.
Except this one...

We had just gathered in the living room for Family Home Evening when this headache came on so I told Ben to go ahead while Kiara was still cooperating. We usually read from the children's scripture reader for FHE but tonight had decided to read our favorite Christmas book. Kiara was enthrolled with it.

When I heard Kiara's sweet little voice echoing the words of her father, I was overcome with gratitude. I raised my head and saw my righteous and loving husband and the precious little girl we have the honor of teaching and raising. I saw unconditional love and patience, accompanied by a desire to do what's right and feelings of love and acceptance. My head never stopped pounding during our brief little lesson, but neither did my heart and for that I am so grateful. This is what life is all about.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

precious!

Laura said...

That is so sweet! (and incredibly smart)

Janie said...

do I have your email address? We need to remember to take a pic of the odd couple next time our kids run off together. Kiara is such a sweet girl.

Sorry about ...you know. I'm not that sorry though.

Anonymous said...

Hi. This is Laura's sister. Kiara is so cute. I wanted to let you know that Greg Olsen the painter has the most beautiful picture of Christ walking with a little girl with dark skin. We bought it to put in Aly's room. If you haven't seen it you'll have to check out his website.

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

Her little voice is so cute! :o)

Unknown said...

She is an angel! Katie, I hope you get feeling better. I suffered with massive headaches last year for weeks. It was so hard to function. Hope you get feeling better soon! Go to the doc if they don't quit! Hugs.

Heather Ashby said...

I love her. She is so sweet.