#1-I was in charge of our Relief Society Christmas Social last week so Ben decided to take Kiara on a little daddy-daughter date to Carl's Jr. They came back to the church to help us clean up afterwards, and Kiara was so excited to tell me about all the fun things she had done with Daddy. I saw the Carl's Jr. cup in her hand and asked her if Daddy had gotten her some dinner. She said, "Yeah, I had chicken, no sauce."
#2-I have a bobby pin with a red flower on it that Kiara LOVES to play with. For whatever reason, it is her favorite toy and she holds it all day long.


She came into my bathroom while I was getting ready this morning and opened my jewlery drawer. The red one wasn't in there but I have a white one just like it that was there.


She picked it up and in the most concerned voice said, "Oh no, bobby pin! The light went out! Where's the light, Mom? Where is it?" All the while pushing the flower like a button, expecting the "red light" to come back on. I found the red one and showed it to her while she was still holding the white one and just about blew her mind! It took her a good 30 seconds to wrap her brain around the fact that there were 2 bobby pins and that it wasn't a light after all.
I get so much enjoyment out of watching how her little mind works!








2 comments:
I just want to squeeze her! So cute.
It's funny that I am study for my child development final when I read this example of a preoperational stage thought from Kiara. I won't bore you with the details. Hey we need to add you to our blog list. It's great when you find blogging friends. Your little daughter is soooo cute too.
Post a Comment