Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Picture update

I gave a written update in the last post so here is a picture update of the last few months. 

We had a fun playgroup at Jungle Jims. I was pleasantly surprised at how many rides Boston could go on. Kiara was in heaven and rode each ride at least a dozen times. We definitely got our money's worth out of the unlimited ride wristband!
Boston got his first haircut by mom. It will probably be his last one done by me too since I wasn't happy with the way it turned out (apparently it's hard to cut hair on a very active 17-month-old! Who knew!)
Before:
During:
After (please don't judge me):
I think Boss was happy it was over!
Kiara also got a new hair-do. The transracial family group I mentioned in my last post held a hair night back in January. I decided that was a good opportunity to relax her hair and I love how it turned out!
Before:
After:
She hated the actual relaxing process just because she hates anyone touching her hair and a guy that was at the hair night told her that he would give her $1 if she stopped crying. She stopped long enough to get the money and then started right back up again! She was very proud to walk in and show her prize to Ben though!
We've had so much fun playing with her hair since then and trying new styles. Before, however I styled it after I washed it was how it stayed until the next washing because her hair is too thick and dry to part unless it's soaking wet. Now we can change the style every day if we want! 
We have loved being back by cousins. We usually play with them 3-4 times a week. 
Kiara and Thomas are 6 weeks to the day apart and they are thick as thieves! 
 Boston and Taft are 6 months apart and play really well together.
 Tyler, Thomas, Emma and Kiara at the Safe Kids Fair.
 Kiara worships Emma and Em is so patient and loving with her. 
  And then there is Macy. Kiara and Mace are 6 months apart and are so similar in so many ways (creative, headstrong, independent) and so opposite in other ways (Macy isn't in to the princesses or Tinkerbell. Enough said!). They are so cute together though and I love the way they balance each other out. 
My goal for this next week is to take at least one picture every day so I should have plenty to blog about! Let's hope I can start a streak!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Adorable pictures. Your kids are so cute. We have loved playing with you guys these last few months.

Laura said...

Love all the pictures. The difference in Kiara's hair is amazing. Thanks again for taking Macy to the ducks, she loved it.

La Familia Ashby said...

The hair is so cute and I am sure you love it too!