Things finally started calming down for is in August and we didn't go out of town at all! That is unprecedented!
Probably the biggest event of the month was the table we were in charge of at a local county fair. The point of the table was to spread awareness about adoption and it was a big success! We ended up bringing the kids with us and I think it was good for people to see the faces of adoption and realize we're a normal family just like everybody else, we just found each other in a different way.
There was a petting zoo right next to our area and Kiara loved the cow, although she had a very hard time looking at me while she was petting it. Every time I went to take the picture she looked off to the side like this. It was pretty funny.
Another huge event that happened this month was Kiara started preschool! She has been asking to go to school for over a year and she was so excited to start! I couldn't help but cry after I dropped her off the first time and realized that my baby is getting way too big. She is such an incredible little person and I've loved seeing her grow and learn at school. Every time I pick her up she talks non-stop for about 10 minutes about all of the fun things she did and learned at school that day. Let's hope that excitement and love for learning never leaves her!
She looked way too grown up that day and every day since!
The rest of the month was filled with trips to the zoo,
lots of swimming,
and of course, eating!
Hope your summer was as great as ours!




















No comments:
Post a Comment