We were able to take a fantastic beach trip with some fantastic friends, the Christensens and the Cundicks, last weekend. We went to Half Moon Bay and loved being in a small town on the 4th of July. We decided to catch the parade and got there just in time to score some prime seats. However while the girls were shopping in the corner antique store (did I mention I loved being in a small town?) our husbands, who were down watching the kids and "saving" said prime seats decided to let somebody else take them. When we got back and heard the news, we were none too happy. I think this face sums up how we all felt:

Apparently when you're 8 months pregnant and feel like a planet (her words, not mine!) you really don't want to stand during an hour long parade. Luckily though the boys were able to grab another table and chairs and save the day.
Kiara especially loved our spot on the parade route because it was a big open driveway. She and Maximo and Ayson chased each other around here for about a half an hour, although they were always running in opposite directions so I wasn't able to get a picture of the 3 of them together. Oh I love that face!



My grandpa collected old antique cars and even went to Iowa (where he was from) each year for an annual antique car show. These guys were obviously loving life!


I had to take this picture for my BFF, Audrey because I've always teased her for wanting to be a librarian (she even was one for a little while a couple of years ago). Maybe you can be in the Half Moon Bay parade next year, Audj.

After the parade the boys went golfing and the girls relaxed back at the hotel. When they got back we all went down to the beach and enjoyed the perfect weather and good company, followed by a delicious dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant.


4th of July wouldn't be complete without fireworks so we scouted out yet another prime spot to watch the action. The show was pretty impressive and was the perfect ending to a perfect day. I can't wait to go back again.


Apparently when you're 8 months pregnant and feel like a planet (her words, not mine!) you really don't want to stand during an hour long parade. Luckily though the boys were able to grab another table and chairs and save the day.
Kiara especially loved our spot on the parade route because it was a big open driveway. She and Maximo and Ayson chased each other around here for about a half an hour, although they were always running in opposite directions so I wasn't able to get a picture of the 3 of them together. Oh I love that face!



My grandpa collected old antique cars and even went to Iowa (where he was from) each year for an annual antique car show. These guys were obviously loving life!


I had to take this picture for my BFF, Audrey because I've always teased her for wanting to be a librarian (she even was one for a little while a couple of years ago). Maybe you can be in the Half Moon Bay parade next year, Audj.

After the parade the boys went golfing and the girls relaxed back at the hotel. When they got back we all went down to the beach and enjoyed the perfect weather and good company, followed by a delicious dinner at a fabulous Mexican restaurant.


4th of July wouldn't be complete without fireworks so we scouted out yet another prime spot to watch the action. The show was pretty impressive and was the perfect ending to a perfect day. I can't wait to go back again.








7 comments:
Love the beach! Kiara's dress is so cute!! :O)
for looking annoyed and 8 months preg - I look pretty good:)
Looks like fun. I wish we lived that close to the beach.
I love, love, love the picture of Kiara at the top of the blog! And I am pretty much bummed that you were just 20 minutes away from us at the beach and I didn't even know it! Looks like fun though!
Love the patriotic book carts!
I just nominated your for an award. Check it out at http://because-i-cant-have-babies.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog.html
You have a super great blog, my friend! And little girls don't come any cuter than your little princess! We miss you and love catching up by reading your posts! Give our love to everyone!
Post a Comment