Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Blog!

Well today is my blog's first birthday so I thought it would be an appropriate time to make up for a birthday post that I missed in January.
My niece, Macy turned 2 on January 20 and she is even more adorable now than she was 2 years ago, although at the time I thought that wasn't possible!
Macy has one of the cutest personalities of any child I've ever met. She really just radiates happiness and makes people smile everywhere she goes. I'm fairly confident that a child has never been longed for and anticipated as much as Macy was and she is totally adored by everyone!
My brother & sister-in-law traveled a very long and painful road to get Macy home and now that she's here they make sure she feels their intense love for her. She has been such a blessing to our whole family. What a strong spirit our little Macy is. She will be, and already is one of those people with whom people count themselves lucky to be around.
I could sit for hours and watch Kiara & Macy play together. They are only 6 months apart, making them the closest in age of all of the girl cousins. Kiara loves leading Macy around and being like her big sister and Macy is very patient with her. Laura got these great shots of them when we were in UT in October.

Macy has the greatest laugh and this video proves it. My brother is making her laugh so hard that she can hardly breathe. I LOVE watching the two of them together. It makes my heart happy and makes me so happy to know my precious little niece is so adored! We all should be so lucky!
Happy Late Birthday, Mace. I love you and hope I can come see you soon!

2 comments:

Heather Ashby said...

So stinkin cute! I love that girl. She makes you smile just to look at her.

Happy Birthday to your Blog. I'm glad you keep it going, it helps so that you don't seem so far away. TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday bloggie! It does help keep up with everything going on in California.

Thanks for the sweet post on our little Miss M.