Thursday, February 12, 2009

And the winner is....

KIARA!!!
And as you can see, she couldn't be happier with the results! The final number of votes for her was 743! The little girl (who was quite cute by the way--all of the contestants were) with whom Kiara was neck and neck most of the contest was the next closest with 666 votes. This really was the best way to liven up a dull and dreary February. I had so much fun following the results this week; it was amazing to watch them change almost by the minute. I don't know what I'm going to do with my time tomorrow!

Kiara was very excited when we gave her the big news. I'm so proud that she's not letting the fame get to her head. In fact she even took time to thank the little people who helped her make it this far. Here she is kissing her friend, Bridget and telling her the great news.


And now for the acceptance speech...

The camera died before she got to send a shout out to those who helped spread the word, specifically Aunt Lala, Aunt Heather, Aunt Audrey, Aunt Tiff, Uncle JD, Grandma, Papa, Kim, Shauna and most of all, the Academy. A big thank you to everyone who voted and supported us throughout this wild ride! We couldn't have done it without you! Now if you'll excuse us, Access Hollywood is calling.

8 comments:

Savannah said...

I'm so glad she won! She was the cutest kid there.
Quick question: How do you get the 3 column template? I worked on that all night last night on my blog and it looked horrible. The left column was on top of my words and the right column, half the stuff was cut off. I would love some pointers! You can email me at sourbonk@yahoo.com

Kristin Burke Sevinc said...

That's hilarious! :o)

Allison said...

I hope Kiara won't forget us now that she is an award winner. I can't wait to see the prize when we come visit!

Unknown said...

SO glad she won...I asked mrs. r to post it on her blog, looks like it did the trick and sent her over the edge...no more close calls after that. Love you Katie! Love this Kiara, can't wait to meet her some day.

Asay Family said...

It sounds like Kiara is going to be the heartbreaker. That is awesome that she won.

Audrey said...

I'm pretty sure everyone at the Church Office Building or at least the Church History Dept. knows how cute Kiara is now.

Vanessa said...

your blog is super cute. thanks for the tip on that website! it looks like i have a lot of learning to do..but it will be fun. i've put up a few posts so far. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from the Utah Bookers! We (of course) voted for Princess Kiara as we truly believe she was the most beautiful of all the contestants. Hooray and time to celebrate!